This is a little unusual for me to share business tips in my blog- but one of my goals in 2019 is to give back to my fellow business owners. I am going to share how I do some of the things I do in my business in an effort to help out my fellow entrepreneurs.
This week I am sharing how to make Instagram Highlight Icons using Canva.
How can you make these nice circles under your Instagram bio? Easy peas-y lemon squeezy!
Use “Canva”. Canva is a (super easy) design tool. You can use it on your computer or on your phone. It’s going to make your life so much easier.
I am going to use the Canva App- if you do not have the Canva App- start there. I usually use the Canva website- I love it for all my graphics. But for this project- the app has templates for Instagram Story Highlights. (You can totally still do this on your computer if you want to – just using the app saves you the step of transferring it to your phone. Do make one on your computer using the website use the dimensions 1242 x 2208 px.)
Open your canva app and follow along with me.
In Canva Select “Your Story”
Choose Blank Template
Choose a background color
At the bottom of the screen- choose the color
- Choose + if you want to choose your own color
- If you know your brand colors- you can choose your own color code here
Choose an icon or add text
- Select + on the bottom of the screen
- Choose Graphics
- Search for the one you want or scroll through what they recommend
- Click the one you want
- Choose the color of the icon
Add Pages to create more covers and repeat the process.
- Once complete- download your design to your photos or camera roll on your phone.
- Click Share
- Choose Quick Look
- Choose Save Image
- Make sure you have your settings for Stories turned on….
- Go to Instagram
- Go to your settings
- Turn on “Save to Archive”
- Post on your Instagram Story
- Weird I know….you have to post your cover to your stories in order to add it to the highlights as a cover.
- Share your covers to your Insta Story
- Click on “Highlight” Button
- Now you have two choices
- Create a New Highlight
- Add cover to an existing highlight
- Now that you have these nifty covers- add your Insta Stories to your Highlights
- Select the + Button
- Assign a Name to your highlight
- The new Insta Story Highlight will appear at the bottom of your Instagram bio.